[Anst-dancers] DFT Yule and Dance

Nadine Latief nl33 at cornell.edu
Tue Dec 9 20:02:09 PST 2003

Jonathan Brumley (BG music guild leader) said it was based on Samuel
Piper's 4-part arrangement of the tablature to start with. But I think they
also used music from the Negri CD, and I also showed him where the
facsimile and lute tablature was. Since he plays plenty of early music (is
in Istanpitta, plays concerts in town, involved with the Texas Early Music
project, and goes to the Amherst festival), I trusted his arrangement. :)

Btw, how did you know about Samuel Piper's arrangement? Is it online? I
assume Jonathan got it because Samual was the ex BG music leader.

Here's the Bryn Gwlad Music Guild's recording. I think they started with
the alto/tenor line and the main melody doesn't come up till midway:
http://www.ianthe.org/dance/gratioso.mp3

Cheers!
Lowrie