[Anst-dancers] DFT Yule and Dance

Nadine Latief nl33 at cornell.edu
Thu Dec 11 15:00:46 PST 2003

You're right that it takes the same amount of time.

What I meant was, to reduce the number of measures it would take because by
doing the Ordinario in 3 steps, instead of 5 steps...

"Negri's" Ordinario:
Left, Right, Left-Right-Left

Caroso's Ordinario:
Left, Right, Left.

...it may be more feasible to use 1 measure instead of 2 measures for the
ordinario (and similarly adjust the timings of the rest of the steps) and
have the dance look less rushed. (it's easier to do a fast caroso then a
fast negri ordinario, methinks.) But it's just an idea, and I'll have to
slow the music down to make it work.