[Anst-dancers] Coronation and Suggestion

John Hirling jhirling at houston.rr.com
Mon Jul 14 14:20:25 PDT 2003

Greetings Helene and the rest of the list
from ihon, Coronation co-steward

    For the record, when Guillaume and Isabeau saw I was one of the
co-stewards, they asked if there would be an opportunity for dancing.
Because no good idea should go unpunished :) I asked them to coordinate
and run a ball.  I couldn't be more pleased with everything they did.
As Perronnelle already responded, the three of us who lead practices
here had major duties with the event.  Were there others who could have
led dance?  I'm pleased to say that, yes -- we have many capable people
here.  Most, if not all, had other duties.  However, one of the aspects
of this Coronation that really pleased me was the major participation of
people from all over the Kingdom.  In many ways, this made it more of a
Kingdom event than any in my memory since 25th Year.  I'm overjoyed that
Guillaume and Isabeau, as part of the populace of Elfsea, were an
integral part of this Coronation.  Moreover, I believe it helps our
dancers more to 'cross-pollinate' than to have the locals dancing the
same dances the same way as at practice at a local, albeit kingdom, event.
    By the way, dance happened as scheduled.  The final schedule was
contained in the booklet offered to everyone at gate and the Ball had a
full page page devoted to the dances.   Now, I will admit, I did hedge
on the schedule :)
. . .
Early Afternoon - Stepping down Court
Shortly thereafter - Stepping up Court
Shortly after that - Coronation Ball
7:00 p.m - Feast

TRMs were held up en route by an accident and the stepping down court
was long so everything was a little late, making stepping up court a
little latte and so dance was a little late as well.
Anyway, I'll leave it to Guillaume and Isabeau as to whether it was a
successful effort.  As for my perspective, I was pleased.

--ihon