[Anst-dancers] Coronation and Suggestion

Alicia Whitecotton hemophelia at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 14 15:31:38 PDT 2003

I'm with Ihon on this one. . .I can see that it was a good idea to have
someone from out of the area come and run dance so that there was an
assortment of folks helping out.  Also, and not to sound discouraging, maybe
Coronation isn't the best time to try out someone inexperienced at running
dance.  Especially because if it didn't come off, it would be much more
likely to undermine the confidence of the new person, but it would okay to
someone who has been doing this a long time (and is used to having problems
getting things going i.e. Guillame and Isabeau).  So my suggestion is that
maybe at another smaller, local event we should encourage the breaking in of
new dance teachers, but not at big events.

I think Phillip should have a fine time with his mentoring program at
Pennsic because it goes on forever and there is dancing every night in a
special place set aside for dancing and there are a lot of people who will
want to do it, so it is a no risk situation, really.

Helene