[Anst-dancers] Coronation and Suggestion

Nadine Latief nl33 at cornell.edu
Mon Jul 14 20:03:09 PDT 2003

Since me and Signy were the only 2 guild leaders other then Guillaume and
Isabeau, that were actually dancing at Coronation, I'll throw in more of my
opinions:

I agree with Philip on the following points:
- The hall was dark, and not the ideal place to teach dance. Better for a
ball, then teaching. Also the darkness made dancing less noticable.
- The heralding was weak. Don Edward asked me about dancing, and I told him
it was supposed to be starting, and I realized afterwards that it already
had started, and so I went back to point him to the direction of dance. (He
wanted to videotape dancing because of interest in dancing at Waco, but he
had to leave and I guess he didn't have enough time to tape.)

However, here's the good stuff:
- I had a fun time dancing! And I'm glad I went :)
- Cross pollination happened: I got to show off one of my fav dances:
Gracca Amoroso. And I learnt 2 ECD dances that I've never done at my guild
(or at Pennsic for that matter).
- At feast, Signy, Guillaume, Isabeau (and even Ihon for a little bit) got
to exchange ideas and thoughts about dance.
- If Isabeau and Guillaume had not volunteered to run dance at Coronation,
it would not have happened. So thank you both. :)

my 2 saffices,
  Lowrie