[Anst-dancers] Coronation

Russell Kinder russmax at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 14 22:40:54 PDT 2003

On Sunday, July 13, 2003, at 09:33  AM, Ariane & Morgan wrote:

> So how did dance at Coronation go? I imagane it went well, seeing who
> was
> running dance, but I would still like to know the details.
>
> Morgan

Dance at Coronation went great, with only a couple of minor snafus.

We had a great area in which to dance. The dim candle light made it a
little harder to teach, but once everyone's eyes had adjusted, we could
all see well enough. We assume the dancers could see my steps, since we
could see theirs. (Everyone was dancing quite well, by the way.) It may
have been a traffic area before we started, but once we began, all
traffic politely went around us. It seemed to be the lowest traffic
area in the hall. Some stayed and danced. Dance was visible.

The lighting made it all gorgeous and gave the hall a much more period
feel. It made inexperienced dancers feel emboldened, and all dancers
perhaps a tad more romantic. (Yes we saw that.)

Dancing happened when the schedule said it would, after the stepping up
court, & before feast. It even happened at a reasonable hour, from
about 6 to 8 pm. Everything was pushed late by Miguel & Connel's
mishap, but given SCA time, beginning dance a couple hours late is not
bad. We danced all the dances on the ball list save a very few.

Thanks to His Excellency Michael Silverhands for heralding dance in the
main hall. Thanks to the event co-steward Master Ihon for inviting us
to hold the ball at Coronation. Thanks to Ihon & Isabeau for the
hospitality of their beautiful home. Thanks to HL Signy for helping us
get the ball started, and for loaning us her music box. Thanks to
Mistress Kaitlyn and her assistants for the beautiful hall atmosphere.
Thanks to Avatar and the other musicians who gave us music during the
day, even if they couldn't stay for the ball. Thanks to Sir William of
Weir for his great enthusiasm and skill. Thanks to all the other
talented dancers in attendance: Lady Lowrie, Lady Myfanwy, the Stargate
dancers whose names we should know but don't, and all the others who
danced. Thanks to all the dancers for being patient with two tired and
hoarse dance leaders.

Thanks to the steward and the Barony of Stargate for running a fun &
wonderful event. Thanks to the feast steward, cooks, and servers for
the amazing feast, over which we sat at leisure and discussed dance.

Regards,
HL Guillaume de Troyes & HL Isabeau Lallement