[Anst-dancers] Dance at King's College//Teacher Exchange program

Nadine Latief nl33 at cornell.edu
Tue Jun 10 19:26:50 PDT 2003

There'll be dancing at King's College, the schedule is here:
http://www.kings-college.com/schedule.html

We have classes in English Country, Italian, Almans, Bransles and Pavannes.
2 of the classes are open dance sessions, where people can either request
dances to be done or taught. Or maybe just hang out and get to know new
people!! Chit chat with others while you set and turn. If you miss KWD,
it's a good chance to learn new dances taught there!

---------------------------

Also, an idea:

I think Known World Dance has inspired some of us.. and one idea that might
be worth thinking about, is to have some sort of teacher exchange program.
According to the AGED website (http://dance.ansteorra.org), we have at
least 13 dancemasters in the Kingdom. I know there's more. Perhaps if we
could have more interactions with other dance guilds, such as having a
Houston area dance teacher come to Austin and teach, or having a Dallas
area person go to Bjornsborg and help the teaching there, it might help
spread dance and dance styles in the kingdom. Perhaps a formal program in
AGED where every month there's at least someone going to some other
external practice to teach.  Since we have at least 13 dance teachers, that
means one person won't have to travel more then once a year! I for one,
wuoldn't mine going and teach elsewhere once every say 3 months or so.

Just my 2 continenzas,
Lowrie Leulyn,
Bryn Gwlad Dance Principal