[Anst-dancers] Resurrecting dance in Ansteorra

Bordelon, Wendel Wendel_Bordelon at bmc.com
Thu Jun 12 06:54:22 PDT 2003

> When did the dancing take place in Medieval/Renaissance times?
> Where can we fit it in our events? Perhaps we need to present
> dance during an event to show Ansteorra how it could work
> into MOST all events.

Wonderful idea but the commitment needs to be taken just a
bit further. Nothing happens at an SCA without someone making
it happen. There is no fighting, no feast, no A&S competition
without someone deciding it needs to happen and organizing it.

If you want dancing to become an automatic part of an event
(like the A&S competition) then it must be part of just
about every event, often enough and long enough that people
come to expect there to be dancing at events.

If you want it on the schedule, and wish for a defined time
(and a place) to dance then get involved with the event
planning from the START. Make it easy for the event Steward
to have dance at the event by volunteering to do the work
ask only for a time and place. Your enthusiasm and commitment
is what will win people over.

To paraphrase Smoky the Bear:  Only you can make dancing
happen at events.

> Is it possible to start with Coronation?

There may still be time to get dancing in the official
schedule for the day, someone should contact the Event
Stewards if they are want to make it happen.  I know
there will be a very large outdoor (under cover) area
that dance could happen.  I also remember at least one
Coronation where dancing was done in the aisle between
courts.

--Francois