[Anst-dancers] Resurrecting dance in Ansteorra

Ariane & Morgan rendancers at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 13 16:16:19 PDT 2003

on 6/12/03 5:42 PM, Scot and Michelle Henry at cshenry at ev1.net wrote:

> Yes, I stuck my nose out on the Lindenwood list when they started replanning
> this event and let them know our complaints from years' past (okay mostly
> last year) and let them know they'd need to woo us back.  They did promise
> no bardic on the dance floor and even a real dance floor (no cement - yeah!)
> to dance on.  Let me know how true this holds.  ;-)

I am afraid that we will not be able to make it. I have a music gig that
day.

I would like to say we have really enjoyed the Lindenwood Ball every time we
been there, regardless of how the dancing was treated, because it gave us a
chance to see our friends in the SCA down there. I do have to admit that
last year was really anoying, but it sure gave us a lot of material for
jokes. Last year the hall was really cool, so I do not blame them for
wanting to go with the Celtic theme so they can recycle the decorations.
It sure does make it hard for period dance themes, though (unless you
consider lord of the dance period).

I am glad we just had KWDMS last weekend, so at least we got to see
everyone.

Morgan Ellisse