[Anst-dancers] Resurrecting dance in Ansteorra

Keith McClune swashbuckler at caerthe.org
Sun Jun 15 07:54:38 PDT 2003

Hi there:

This is a critical part of long term growth.

Russell Kinder wrote:

> Another key is to be sure to be involved in all the demos your local
> group puts on. Then, you're recruiting dancers from the start. This may
> be the biggest key in eventually growing dance in your area.

I have two additional thoughts related to this:  reach out to newcomers, and
teach the kids.  We have a monthly low-key newcomers revel.  My lady and I often
teach a couple of dances at this event, and these newcomers have become some of
our most enthusiastic dancers (at events, anyway - still can't get them to come
to weekly practice).  Also, a friend of mine pointed out that the children in
the SCA are our future - teach them dance, and they will grow up comfortable
with it and expecting it.  Besides, others will think more about coming to
practice when they see newcomers and children doing dances that they themselves
cannot.

Just another 2d.

Keith /  Guillaume   S:}>
Caerthe / Outlands