[Anst-dancers] But.. but dancing is fun! Really!

Russell Kinder russmax at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 3 07:49:22 PST 2003

Lady Toryn,

Yes, in person, we are much friendlier than we seem online. We wouldn't
be so passionate about all this if we didn't really, really like
dancing. Come to a practice, and I promise you will be treated nicely.
Especially if it's my practice in the Steppes (Dallas). I also know
you'll be treated well at Lowrie's practice in Bryn Gwlad (Austin), for
I've been to it several times, and they are a fun group. The practices
in the Houston area are quite good, too. And if you're in the Oklahoma
City area, my friends Morgan & Ariane are first-rate dance researchers
and teachers. Philip White, over in the Arlington/Ft Worth area, is
also a good teacher and researcher. The Shadowlands (College Station)
people are really nice, too.

There are new dance groups in Brad Leah (Wichita Falls) and Bjornsborg
(San Antonio). I know their leaders are fine people, and they would
love to have your support.

If you're not in any of these areas, and would like to start a dance
group in your area, you'll find the dance guild has been created
specifically to help you. There are several of us who would be willing
to travel to meet with you, give you some materials and a little
training (if you need it) to get you started.

I agree with Lowrie that there is a big difference between what people
experience online and in real life.

Guillaume de Troyes

PS.  To others on this list: if you know of dance practices I did not
mention, please have the leader of those practices contact us at
russmax at sbcglobal.net. We would like to list your practice on the
Ansteorran dance website.