[Anst-dancers] Crystal Ball

Charlene Charette perronnelle at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 4 12:48:21 PDT 2003

Nadine Latief wrote:
> "7.  Whiligig (short version)". Uh oh. Which version is that?
>
> Hrm.. we need to infect them with more 16th C Italian dances ;)
>
>   Lowrie

I learned this variation at KWDS.  Up a double and back; middle couple
does the casting figure.  All cast to rearrange the set as usual.
Siding; then, the new middle couple does the hey figure;  All cast.
Arming; then the new middle couple does the star figure.

Fortunately, the music on the KWDS CD is for "Whirligig" and not
"Woodicock".  Unfortunately, it's this short variation of the dance.

--Perronnelle

--
The discontent of the people is more dangerous to a monarch than all the
might of his enemies on the battlefield.  -- Isabella d'Este