[Anst-dancers] Re: Ansteorra-dancers Digest, Vol 5, Issue 2

jacinth jacinth at mail.ev1.net
Mon Oct 6 09:59:01 PDT 2003

Actually, it is.  It is called Sbandieratori, and it has been around a long
time (read several centuries) in Italy.  I've got a selection of links and
movies about it somewhere.  We were trying to start a group locally
hasn't gotten off the ground... for some of the stunts, you need really
light flags - much lighter than the standard flag poles used in band today.
>From the movies I've seen, they have drummers and trumpets and it is
really exciting.  I believe they also had a troupe of them at the last
Olympics.

Here is nice page about it -
Sbandieratory Sansepolcro - http://www.flagshow.com/ingl.htm

It is really difficult to find much about the history excepting that it dates
back to the Renaissance.

Regards,
-Jacinth-