[Anst-dancers] FAS- Dance Business

Keith McClune swashbuckler at caerthe.org
Tue Oct 28 10:23:12 PST 2003

Hi there:

> >5.  Money.
> >   The only possible expenditure mentioned was paying for
> > outside instructors.
>
> Doesn't that go against the whole "no person shall benefit from SCA
> monies?" mantra of the reeves, unless of course you're talking about *non*
> sca dance instructors?

The IRS and the SCA, Inc. allow expenses and honoraria.  What your kingdom
permits is up to your kingdom policy makers.  Personally, I see no problem
paying expenses for guest speaker travel, even within the kingdom (if it's
substantial, which it can be for Ansteorra).  I feel less comfortable
(personally) with honoraria, not because it is wrong, but because the expense is
hard for most SCA events to cover.  OTOH, if you are inviting a recognized
expert, and the event can manage it, then I say: go for it.  Even if the
recognized expert is in the SCA (there aren't many that I would qualify - YMMV).

Keith / Guillaume   S:}>