[Anst-dancers] Fall Arts Symposium - Dance Business

Russell Kinder russmax at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 28 14:17:40 PST 2003

Okay, so I do have to address these issues right away.

> 2.  Dance Manual.
> 3.  Dance Website.

I am in the middle of a bunch of updates. I probably won't be aksing
for any more input until I'm done with my current to-do list.

> 4.  Making dance more visible.
> 	Isabeau is organizing dance at Ansteorra's 25th year next July.  She
> would
> like volunteers to teach classes, do some performances, and to run the
> Friday and Saturday evening ball.
> 	It was suggested that one of the performances be L'Caccia d'Amore (see
> Sutton's video) done by the guild.  Local groups could practice
> regularly,
> then we could have some practices together before the event.

I'll provide more info on this later. Yes, I would love to do
Guillaume's "La Caccia d'Amore" reconstruction as one performance.
Also, Ariane has been working on "Il Pastor Leggiardo" from Negri. I
would also like for people to do dances from other genres.

Give me a few weeks, and I'll start being more vocal about this.

> 6.  Kingdom Dance Symposium.
>
> 	Performance event - We discussed the possibility of using Kingdom
> Dance as
> the forum/event for all performance arts which are suffering or almost
> non-existent in our kingdom.  This includes madrigals, plays, poetry,
> etc.
> This could include combining Eisteffod (sp?) with this event.

Okay, let me say I'm COMPLETELY AGAINST this idea.  Reasons will follow
in a week. I just wanted this to be on the record.

That is about it. Pardon the abruptness of most of my responses.

~Isabeau