[Anst-dancers] Kingdom Dance / Performance Event

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 30 14:31:10 PST 2003

Hi all -

Some ideas... mostly posted in curiosity and thinking it might be fun... or
that it might help someone else come up with better ideas.

Right now, there is a Known World Dance every 2 years.

And, we've talked about holding Kingdom dance every year, and also
participating in a kingdom performing arts event - which has not occured.

My thought was we could organize within the dance community a Kingdom dance
event on opposite years from KWDS.

On the same years as KWDS - we could help the performing arts community
organize a Kingdom Performing Arts College - taking off some of the strain
of running an event from just dance people and their friends.  It could be
an event that had tracks for bardic, performing, judging, middle eastern,
european dance, and more.  It could also be a place for Kingdom Eistedfodd
or the Kingdom Middle Eastern Dance Title.

This would take work with the Kingdom A&S office and the other performing
arts communities.

Just an idea...

~Philip