[Anst-dancers] Kingdom Dance / Performance Event

Ariane & Morgan rendancers at cox.net
Thu Oct 30 20:12:38 PST 2003

> Right now, there is a Known World Dance every 2 years.
>
> And, we've talked about holding Kingdom dance every year, and also
> participating in a kingdom performing arts event - which has not occured.
>
> My thought was we could organize within the dance community a Kingdom dance
> event on opposite years from KWDS.
>
> On the same years as KWDS - we could help the performing arts community
> organize a Kingdom Performing Arts College - taking off some of the strain
> of running an event from just dance people and their friends.  It could be
> an event that had tracks for bardic, performing, judging, middle eastern,
> european dance, and more.  It could also be a place for Kingdom Eistedfodd
> or the Kingdom Middle Eastern Dance Title.
>
> This would take work with the Kingdom A&S office and the other performing
> arts communities.

I think this would be the best solution if the rest of the performance
community in the kingdom supports it. This way we can still have our own
kingdom "dance only" event and not have to worry about other performers
(like bardic activities) interfering, but only every other year so no one
gets burnt out. I think that holding the performing event in the opposite
years would be good for the kingdom and if we can win over the right people
(bards seem to be the most numerous) I think it could turn into a well-liked
event by everyone.

Ariane