[Anst-dancers] Fall Arts Symposium - Dance Business

John F. Hirling jhirling at houston.rr.com
Fri Oct 31 05:33:07 PST 2003

> Please know that I think it ill-advised to plan and hold a meeting
> knowing well in advance that the principle parties involved will not be
> able to attend. It seems to me that the meeting was planned because it
> was known we could not come.

Please don't see slights where none were intended.

I did not consider our discussion at the Fall Arts Symposium a 'meeting'.
In fact, Capricia took great pains to iterate and reiterate that we were
sharing ideas on topics of interest and that the official meetings would be
as posted.  That Jehanne and Pug were there was fortuitous.  In fact, it
might be wise to invite Jehanne onto the list and to our meetings as a
courtesy -- absolutely _no_ slight meant to Philip, her music and dance
deputy.

I sense a few nerves have been twitched -- the price we pay for this totally
inadequate way of communicating that we call email.  On the other hand, its
been quite a while since we've had this much excitement on the list or at an
event.

--ihon