[Anst-dancers] Fall Arts Symposium - Dance Business

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Oct 31 09:43:42 PST 2003

Russell Kinder (russmax at sbcglobal.net) said something that sounded like:
> I've decided that we have 2 alternatives. The first is to resign
> Isabeau and myself as Dance Manual compilers and web scribes. The
> second is to go on as we have been doing, taking all your discussion
> under advisement.

I have to say that I may have missed parts of the discussion as I am
currently in San Diego.

I'm gonna be a pain in the ass like I have in the past. I'm gonna roll a
lot of messages into one, but I am only going include the snippet above
because it pretty much states it all. "We're going to either take our
ball and go home or you're going do it our way"

First, get off your high horse and come down to reality. You are not the
end all of dance instructors and your way is not the only way. Hell, I
actually think that you suck as an instructor but you are a pretty good
performance dancer. That doesn't mean that I don't think that you aren't
good for the community. As well, just because your little cliche likes
things a certain way, doesn't mean the rest of us do. For example, while
a 8x11 manual is great for reference material, I personally prefer 3x5
or 4x6 cards for actually teaching from.

Second, I am going to follow the desires of the Proctor with regards tot
he website. IF you want to appeal this, please appeal it to the Kingdom
MoAS and if you still aren't satisfied the Crown.

Third, there are many websites, including in this Kingdom, that have
multiple people modifying them. This is not at all a difficult process
nor one that is tough to solve. All they have to do is communicate
properly and/or properly delineate what each person does. This is being
done at the Kingdom level only at this point which is where multiple
people are warranted to make changes to official websites. (Btw, are you
warranted by the Kingdom Chronicler/VScribe?) For examples:

- there are at least 5 doing the Kingdom site and updates to regional/local
  sites when not being done by the locals
- there are several working on the Marshalette pages
- there are several working on the Heraldry pages
- there are many Kingdom Officers that have deputies that do the websites
  for them - Such as Gunnora doing the Laurel and general A&S pages

Finally, I see that you have already ran Lowrie off by being such a big
pain in the ass. This type of behavior is what gives the dancers a bad
rep and you are the best example of this I've seen in a *long* time. I
feel sorry for the few people on here that are just remotely interested
in dance and get a bad taste in their mount because of your childish and
self-centered behavior. Get over yourselves.

Well I think that I'm done being a rude SoB for now. I'll have more time
to be a SoB when I get back in Ansteorra late tonight.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "And I ain't in it for the power
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   And I ain't in it for my health