[Anst-dancers] Dance Manual - You can help!

Scot and Michelle Henry cshenry at ev1.net
Thu Sep 4 09:05:28 PDT 2003

Greetings everyone,
There is currently an effort to update the Ansteorran Dance Manual and you
can be of assistance!

First, take a look on the manual on the website to see if any dance that you
commonly do in your group or that you have choreographed is not included.
If you find something missing, send a write-up to Isabeau and Guillaume.

Second, pick your favorite dance (or two or three) and look at the write-up.
Are the directions clear?  Could a new teacher (not necessarily a complete
newbie) teach from those directions?  Please carefully think about that last
one if you are sending your own choreography.  Does your group have a
variation that should be mentioned?

Third, I have a list of dances that I wanted to know if anyone else does so
we can determine if they should be included or not.  Please comment on the
following, preferably within the next couple of weeks.  (I've ranked them
according to my personal experience with them, your mileage will vary.)

Cassandra Bransle
Contrapasso en Due
Maraviglia d'Amore
Mordred's Lullaby
Gioioso en Tre
Lauro
Old Mole
Belfiore
Prexonera
Bella Gioiosa
Pinagay Bransle
Furioso
Griffone d'Oro
Chiaranzana
Figured Pavanne (I don't personally know this one although someone tried to
teach it once, but I believe it's done down south.)

We would like to complete this project as quickly as possible, so your
cooperation is greatly appreciated.

In service to dance,
Lady Melissent d'Aulnay the Capricious (Capricia)