[Anst-dancers] Salterello Tedesco

Nadine Latief nl33 at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 4 21:54:32 PDT 2003

Salterello Tedesco:

Philip taught it to me as:

L: Left foot steps forward
R: Right foot steps forward
L: Left foot steps forward
and: Right foot steps forward, a little to the R side
Kick: Left foot steps and land close to the Right foot, as the Right foot
is kicked into the air.

So it looks like:

L R L and Kick  R L R and Kick
1 2 3 4         1 2 3 4

At least this was how I taught it at Pennsic.
Philip, please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for Master Gregory, I saw him do it this way:

L: Left foot steps forward
R: Right foot steps forward
L: Left foot steps forward
cha: Right foot steps to the R side
cha: Left foot comes closing next to the R foot

L R L cha-cha  R L R cha-cha
1 2 3 4        1 2 3 4

Sort of like 3 passi and a meza ripresa.
I also saw Gregory do the cha-cha  'flankingly' to the side. But that
could've been a different step (Salterello Tadesco Fianchieggetti?)

I'm not speaking for Gregory, just reporting what I remember, which could
be wrong :)
(And it cracks me up saying "cha-cha" as I feel like I'm in the ballroom
dance world.)

And while we're at it, here's Rosina's explaination of a Salterello Tadesco.
In 4:
1 = Step forward on left.
2 = Step forward on right.
3 = Step forward on left.
4 = Hop on left. (End standing on left foot.)

She also has it in 6. And an entire essay on it in J&J:
http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Joy-J-book/jj-steps.htm#Salt-Tedesco-L

Lowrie.
"It could be worse. It could be a Contrapassi."