[Anst-dancers] Dance Manual - You can help!

Russell Kinder russmax at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 4 22:20:12 PDT 2003

If everyone will give me a few days, I'll give you guys a list on what
has recently been submitted. It looks like everyone got motivated at
the same time. I'm not complaining!

Here are a few brief comments:

>> Belfiore
>
> Oh, come on please. Unless Erika submits her version, I say trash this
> dance.
>
> **All the more reason to discuss WHY it should or shouldn't be
> included and
> to see if there are regional variations of said dance.

Belfiore has two main problems:

There are no good recordings (if someone has one, please let me know -
midi files are not acceptable)

The reconstructions I have seen don't really work. It's not that they
are wrong, they just don't dance well.

However, since some people dance it, I'm willing to put it in the
manual. I've just temporarily taken it off until we find a recording
for it.

I pondered adding my reconstruction of it into the manual. I found that
the existing reconstructions see the dance as being an apple. I thought
the dance was a bit of an orange. Even so, after I reconstructed it, I
still don't enjoy it very much, and so probably won't be teaching my
version - so I guess that makes it a moot point.

> Prexonera

> Spero

I'll need the version MOST commonly done in Ansteorra. I would also be
willing to reconstruct these dances, since it looks like you all enjoy
them

> What happened to Il Gratioso?

It is ready to be put in the manual - but I haven't had time yet. It's
a pretty neat dance.

Let me end by thanking Philip, Capricia, Lowrie, and Morgan for their
contributions to the dance manual.

In a few days, I'll begin posting a few dances every few days so that
people can look them over for ambiguities, and add any variations they
might do.

Till I have more free time,

Isabeau