[Anst-dancers] AAA Ball dances

Russell and Erika Kinder Russell_Erika at comcast.net
Mon Apr 26 11:59:43 PDT 2004

On Monday, April 26, 2004, at 10:21  AM, Deborah Sweet wrote:

> So in anticipation of AAA, I was looking at the Glorious Glorianna Ball
> and started wondering about specific reconstructions, so that I might
> teach here what will be done there.
>
> Especially wondering about:
>
> 1 - "The Old Measures"  - which ones please?

1-8, in order:

Quadran Pavan
Turkelone
Earl of Essex Measure
Tinternell
Old Alman
Queen's Alman
Madam Sosilia's Alman
Black Alman

> 2 - Kettle Drum recon?

The one you've been doing in Mooneschadowe forever.

> 3 - Saint Martins recon?

Lord Morgan's

> 4 - Whirligig recon?

This will be determined by each set dancing the dance. If anyone is
worried about their dancers getting confused by variations, go over
variations with them so they'll know what to expect.

> 5 - Newcastle recon?

Same as whirligig. Of course, the dancers fromt the Steppes will be
using Guillaume's version. I can't speak for other groups.

> Any news on the "golden oldies" of the Anniversary Ball?

They are forthcoming.

I'll post the reconstructions up on the web within the next week or two.

~ Isabeau