[Anst-dancers] Announcing the Book of Dance V!

Deborah Sweet dssweet at okstate.edu
Tue Aug 3 15:07:19 PDT 2004

Catherine Dean <catherinedean at earthlink.net>
Sent by: owner-sca-dance at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
08/03/2004 03:55 PM
Please respond to sca-dance

        To:     sca-dance at andrew.cmu.edu, pennsicdance at www.pbm.com, academie at www.pbm.com
        cc:     (bcc: Deborah Sweet/soc/cas/Okstate)
        Subject:        [SCA-Dance] Announcing the Book of Dance V!

Dear Friends,

It is my great pleasure to announce (at long last!) the publication of The
Book of Dance, vol. 5.  This volume contains articles, reviews,
reconstructions, choreographies, and parodies from issues 33-40 of The
Letter of Dance, an newsletter created by and for the SCA Dance Community.
 Subjects for this volume include a lively discussion music theory as it
relates to reels, period middle eastern dance, several articles on the
Gresley Manuscript, reconstructions of La Volta, a new ECD choreography, a
choreography for a canario, as well as some excellent reviews of books and
cds.

Copies are available for purchase at Cafe Press for $15 plus shipping. The
website is: http://www.cafepress.com/letterofdance.  Moving to cafe press (which does print-on-demand) has helped keep
production costs low while providing the dance community with a
beautifully produced product that will never go out of print because I
don't have the time or capital to have dozens of reprints made.  I hope in
future to add additional merchandise with a dance theme if there is
interest, thoughts, comments, etc. are most welcome.  All minimal proceeds
go directly back into the Letter of Dance coffers to offset the cost of
publication of the newsletter.

In addition to the new book, I still have copies of Book II ($9) and Book
IV ($15) available directly from me.  And, of course, subscriptions to the
Letter are always available--$12 to US addresses will get you 8 issues
(about 2 years).  Please contact me at letterofdance at yahoo.com for more
information.

TWO SPECIAL OFFERS: Pre-order your copy of Book V now for delivery at
Pennsic and save on shipping costs!  Or, order copies of Book II or Book
IV now for delivery at Pennsic and save $1 each.  Contact me at
letterofdance at yahoo.com.

In Service,
Katherine Mercer
Editor, The Letter of Dance

**Please forward this message to any local dance lists and any other lists
that may be appropriate, such as Kingdom lists**

With the following body:
UNSUBSCRIBE sca-dance youremailaddress