[Anst-dancers] More on badge

Julie Cunningham Julie at ettros.com
Fri Jan 16 08:25:01 PST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Shupee' [mailto:philipwhite at hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 10:08 AM
To: ansteorra-dancers at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Anst-dancers] More on badge

>But can the foot be in pointe?  Better than a flex foot.   (we were always
>badgered for flex feet)

I think we could specify this - maybe?  But I am certain that human
apendages were almost always drawn with joints bent - demonstrating the
movement of the leg, or arm.  I read that this is the defunct position of
the leg (for instance) but that might mean that we could specify otherwise.
(I actually dont know if you were joking - or serious about this.)
>If someone could resend me the ideas I didn't get,
>I'll get to it this weekend.

Philip

No - wasnt joking.  I just think it would look nicer if it were not a flex foot (making an L shape with the foot). The drawing would look just like the running flex foot drawing, but with a pointed foot. If you can imagine a straight line from the knee going to the toe, then going up the back side, a "lump" for the toe and for the heel, coming in a little for the ankle, then a curved line for the calf, etc.

I am not very familiar with the heraldic symbols and whether or not this is traditionally accepted, but Creative is our middle name.  Just my two cents....

BTW - not offended if we dont want to use it...

Kathyrn