[Anst-dancers] Change of Ansteorran Dance site...

Kaitlyn McKenna kaitlyn_mckenna at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 19:05:46 PST 2004

I'm a little confused on something. Is the AGED webpage falling under the
deputy for dance/A&S because it is on the ansteorra server and is linked off
the Kingdom page? I understand that each section of the ansteorra webpage
pertaining to a Great Officer is maintained by that Officer (having just
been such myself) and it follows that that responsibility would trickle down
to the appropriate deputy; however, since its inception, I have perceived
the guiild to be a separate entity from the Kingdom A&S Office since it was
a Kingdom Guild. It could, I suppose, fall under the Kingdom A&S Office, but
it is still separate, kinda like local groups are their own entities. The
Ansteorra Longship Company is technically a Kingdom Guild, hence its ability
ot have its own finances.

So. If AGED is its own entity under the A&S Office, it would have its own
Principal, treasurer(if it had its own account) and its own "any other
officer" as defined by its own charter. Thus, why have the people who have
been administering the site been released and the Deputy for Dance given the
authority to appoint web stuff? It doesn't jive with what I recall of the
printed AGED rules or the standard practice in this kingdom for officer
heirarchy.

Just wondering,
kaitlyn