[Anst-dancers] Classes for Kingdom Dance

Donita L Orders ORDERS_DONITA_L at Lilly.com
Thu May 13 06:00:20 PDT 2004

Sorry for not getting back to you....I was not sure how much time I could
commit to the event...it now looks like I will be able to attend the whole
time.  I can offer 3 middleeastern dance classes: 1)  beginning belly
dancing for the true beginner (a _real_ intro course into what the style
is and how not to look stupid doing it) 2) Dancing around the Fire
(dancing for your SCA audience...an intermedieate course) and 3)  Belly
dancing props and how to use them correctly (zills, veil, swords, fire and
not not to bruise, trip, punture or burn yourself...a more advanced
course)
Sorry I'm late....

Toryn

Scot and Michelle Henry <cshenry at ev1.net>
Sent by: ansteorra-dancers-bounces at ansteorra.org
05/13/2004 12:02 AM
Please respond to Ansteorran Dancers

        To:     Ansteorran Dancers <ansteorra-dancers at ansteorra.org>
        cc:     Alina <ElaineC at icle.law.umich.edu>, carolle cox <hpockets at gte.net>,
barb at barbsgarb.com, Monica <Jadeiztl at aol.com>, Willow & John Taylor
<willowjonbardc at juno.com>
        Subject:        [Anst-dancers] Classes for Kingdom Dance

Greetings all,
Class slots are definitely filling up  - thanks to all who have responded.
Since very few have sent bio. info, photos or handouts, Elin and I are
extending the deadline for this information until the end of May.  Please
send these along asap!

Here is the potential list of all who have said they'll teach and the
dances/styles that will be covered.  If you see a gap you'd like to fill,
please let me know soon.

Dance-related classes:
Monica - mask construction
Gerita - fan construction  (to be confirmed)

European Dance:
Racheal and Andrew - basic pavans and almans
Perronelle - Bransles (specifics forthcoming)
Racheal and Andrew - Mixed Bransle Suite (Cassandra, Pinagay, Charlotte,
War, Aridan)
Tahira - bassadanza (specifics forthcoming)
Brigitte - 15th century italian:  amoroso, anello, petit vriens
Lowrie - Marchesana/Belreguardo
Alina - Bella Gioisa (to be confirmed)
Alina - 2 16th C. Cascarde - Fiamma d'Amore and La Castellana (to be
confirmed)
Guillaume - La Caccia d'Amore
Philip - Stella d'Argenta
Ihon - New and Improved Prendente in Giro
Capricia - Lady Cullen and ? (some other ECD)

Middle Eastern Dance:
Willow - Saudi Dance
Willow - History of Dance (to be confirmed)
Tahira - Dabke (to be confirmed)

Musicians:
Terry Lee - ?

I also have Helene, Guillaume, and Brigitte as wanting to do a/another
class.

In service to dance,
Capricia