[Anst-dancers] RE: Proctor nominees

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Sep 8 22:02:15 PDT 2005

I have rarely seen such vitriol on an SCA mailing list (recently).
May I please ask people to chill?

Being a new participant, I'll tap-dance into what may be a minefield:
what are the purposes of the Ansteorran Dance Guild?  A priori,
and being ill-educated in dance, I would assume the usual sorts of
tasks for an SCA interest group: to perform, to teach, to judge
competitions, to assist others in doing those things, to interface in
related topics (music, in this case, where it touches on dance).

Further into the minefield: in this case, is "proctor" a dance A&S
judge?  That's only my guess from context.  The first definition,
    A person appointed to collect alms for those who could not go out
    to beg for themselves, as lepers, the bedridden, etc.; hence a
    beggar.
doesn't look applicable, though it could be appealing.

Daniel "WILL DANCE FOR FOOD + PLEASE HELP + GOD BLESS" de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com