[Anst-dancers] Dancing fading?

Gerald of Leesville gerald.of.leesville at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 20:18:21 PST 2007

Debby Sweet said:

Really, what *I* think needs to happen in regards to dance is this --
recruit more Landed Barons/Baronesses, Their Highnesses, and the Crown to
get more involved in dance. When "the masses" see the authority figures
having fun dancing (and that's what we want -- not begrudgingly going around
the floor once or twice and then disappearing), they (the
masses) will want to have fun too.

To which Gerald replies:

Debby, glad to see enthusiasm, but I've found that any activity, whether
it's dance, music, bardic, or the display of static arts, relies less on the
involvement of the authority figures and more on the dedication of those who
enjoy these activities.

My recent activity in Kingdom is non-existant, and I hope that things slow
down to the point to where I can step back into the traces and haul the line
for those who wish to entertain and be entertained.  Kings and Queens can
encourage, but it's the delight people see in the participants eyes that
gets others to consider taking the step and being active in whatever task is
at hand, whether it's archery, bardic, equestrian, or cookery.

I wish you luck in your endeavours.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am,
HL Gerald of Leesville
A bard of Stargate

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
5:58 PM