[Anst-dancers] Ansteorra-dancers Digest, Vol 11, Issue 8

Antonello antonello.sca at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 30 20:54:32 PST 2007

Ladies and Gents,

I wasnt quite sure how to respond to this when i read it the first time, but
have given a little thought and want to speak these words.

While there are those who do deck themselves out in the finest of finery,
that should NEVER make anyone feel unwelcome in a dance or ball.  i dont
have a whole ton of clothing for SCA but make due with what i have and i
feel quite comfortable dancing in peasant clothes with even the most
wondrous of ladies next to me as partner (maybe it's just a guy thing or
because i'm guild principle).  I encourage you to not let this issue prevent
you from joining in.

While it is nice to have a solid and steady partner for those "love" dances,
not having one can really allow one to turn up the heat on the old flirt
machine (with possible payoffs, i might add).  dont feel left out if you
dont have a partner; there are many who dont.  grab one (by the hand for the
first dance) and get on the floor - dont be shy; there's no reason for it.

Brenna Clare (swwet lady) hits the nail square on the head.  we (should) try
to make everyone feel comfortable.  if we are not or seem to not be inviting
or welcoming, then that is a problem that needs to be dealt with
immediately.  Dance is a social concern that should be open and comfortable
for all, whether you are a beginner or advanced.

Antonello.