[Anst-dancers] Fading Dancing

aurore_gaudin2000 at yahoo.com aurore_gaudin2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 12:45:36 PST 2007

To the Good Gentles,
 Please allow a bit of good-hearted jestering as to this may explain what holds my interests in the dancing arts.  In my 13 years of the SCA, aging to a ripe 33, there are many parts of the ED that just does not do well for me.  About 12 of my many years has been married to a non-SCAian, which hopefully and shortly will be dissolved.  Going to events with no partner to dance lovers' dances and such really does make me feel left out.  Another reason is the temperature of days and even nights that this dances are held on at events and tight clothings.  I overheat after a day of working the event and just ready to wear lighter clothes or just to not even want to put on heavier clothes to look the part.  Don't get me wrong, I love the richness of the clothes but too tight and too many hoops and layers and I might as well sit out all the dances.  As for the last reason, I got two left feet when it comes to group dancing.  Even doing Western line dancing, I go
 the wrong way.
 A laid back idea I had while thinking of how to get myself into the dance is to maybe do it more peasant style.  Or to have fun taking a starched dance and twist it up a bit.  We are after all suppose to be creative medival people.  Take 3 couples, two couples out on the floor dancing in really nice outfits, then all of a sudden a female peasant or lower-middle class woman comes out running, gently shoves one of the finer dance woman off the floor, taking her place, the woman disappears off the area to change, the dancers keep moving, a minute later, a less than finer dressed male comes out and takes the place of one of the finer men.  Then the earlier displaced woman comes back in lesser clothes and shoves the last fine dress woman out and the men do the same.  The last fine dressed couple comes back in less than fine clothes and joins the dance.  A way for everyone to see the lesser people can join and maybe go do a peasant group dance.
With a swirl of silks and bells,
Aurore Gaudin
Burkhaven Household
King's Land