[Anst-dancers] Merry Musicians CD

Margaret McSwain myst_maggie at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 17 11:34:29 PST 2008

Oh i so want a cd like that i realize i might be a bit behind in responding but.  i have recently been trying to locat cd with music and revive some dance in my area but we have one lady who knows enought to teach and she only teaches a half dozen dances.  So learning new ones is difficult. If a cd of such is made please let me know.

Maggie aka
Kata Temkin
Eldern Hills

Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:54:34 -0800From: antonello.sca at sbcglobal.netTo: ansteorra-dancers at lists.ansteorra.orgSubject: Re: [Anst-dancers] Merry Musicians CD
i agree with Ihon.  i think it's a fabulous idea if it can be pulled off well (read: by someone who's a good caller).  the most common problem we have in calling dances is that there just isnt the time to "call" properly.  we use cues (words that jog the memory) more than we actually call.

i'd be interested to see what comes of it.

AntonelloJohn Hirling <jhirling at gmail.com> wrote:
I think it's a great idea and would yield a very helpful tool.  There are a great number of CDs and tapes out there, but I don't recall any that have the dances called.  ~ihon