[Anst-dancers] Fwd: [SCA-Dance] New album of 15th c. music from Gaita!

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 03:39:55 PDT 2008

Gaita includes Master Otto and Mistress Caitlin of Drachenwald -- two
exceptional musicians (and pretty nice folks for that matter).  Their
Gresley/Arbeau CD was the first, I believe, to introduce Gresley.  I,
personally, question some of the decisions that they made on Arbeau
choreographies.  Isabeau and I also had the privilege to dance and lead some
dance with Master Otto and Mistress Caitlin at a Drachenwald Coronation and
we learned that some of their redactions substantially differ from the
choreography we dance here on 15th c Italian.  Nevertheless, I expect this
to be a great addition to anyone's early music library.
~ihon

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 10:51 PM, <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:

> [I don't know anything about Gaita, like how good or authentic they
> are, or how usable their arrangements are for dance.  But it looks
> most promising, with the sources listed, and the Gresley looks
> exciting to me, if those are ones that we have dance reconstructions
> for. -- DdL]

" The heart of the human problem is the heart of the human." Max Lucado