[Anst-dancers] 30th Year Evening Activities

Sweet, Debby deborah.s.sweet at okstate.edu
Thu Apr 23 07:39:10 PDT 2009

Mistress Hanna (& all you other quiet listeners)

I would be quite willing to be your Dancemaster for a Ball on Friday night. I have been reluctant to step forward till now (personal reasons). I probably know 80-90% of the "normal, typical" dances.

I have no suggestions to put forward on a Ball Theme. I personally don't do ball themes much -- it's not that I'm against them. I will show up and dance anyway -- why do I need a mask or special costume?

I would also be cool with your suggested schedule:

>Set 1: 3 – English Country Dances (ECD) – to be named by hosting group/dance master
>Set 2: 3 – Brawls – to be named by hosting group/dance master
>Set 3: 3 – Italian Dances – to be named by hosting group/dance master
>Set 4: 3 – Advance Dances, any style – to be named by hosting group/dance master
>Set 5: Dance at will

And if other dancemasters want to host particular sessions or if a group wants to do a "performance piece" - that's great. Saves my voice & I can go play with the band. Speaking of the band -- I'm know some of the Merry Musicians will be there. And they are always glad for more people to join them.

Alternatively, I'd be quite willing to be the dance master for any one set.

>2) The Dance sets should be varied and fun, not just period. So if someone wants to have “Hole in the Wall,” lets do it.

In regards to #2 -- I feel that dancing is so unhealthy in Ansteorra right now, if we try to "be period only" it just might be the death blow.

I missed going to 25th because my son very thoughtfully shared his pneumonia with me. And at 20th, I missed most of the dancing because I was pregnant and taking a nap. The husband didn't wake me like he promised. It would be very disappointing to have no dancing at all this time.

If another ball is organized for Thursday night, maybe a Caroso style Ball? (At this point I'm not sure when we are arriving).

OK - I had a thought about a Ball Theme. I was thinking colors; and then I thought, what's the 30th anniversary gift? It's pearls. The Pearl Ball.

Estrill
Mooneschadowe