[Anst-dancers] 30 Year Dance Update

Deana Covel Whitney dmcovel79 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 18:29:45 PDT 2009

Greetings Dancers!

There has been movement on having a European style ball at 30th Year!

Announcing:  The Pearl Anniversary Ball

Sir Gaston, leader of the Brywn Gwald Music Guild, said he would plan to coordinate the music pit.  This way we have live musician, not just the ones in the box. Yet, he did ask that the dance list be set in advance so that his group (and other musician who what to join) can practice the music.

So, PLEASE, if you (or your group) want to sponsor one of the Sets below, say so by/at Coronation. Each Sponsor choices three (3) dances.  If you could tell me the dances you want to teach at that time, even better.  I will be at Coronation, and will have free time after the step down court.

It is up to each Sponsor (or group Sponsor) to decide if they will use a performance dance to open their Set.

  I would like to create a flyer to promote the Ball and hand it out at Warlord.  This would also give the musicians time to practice.
  Anyone can Sponsor a Dance during Set 5, for now, pick one dance, any style.  Let me know what and I will include it for the musicians. But you might plan to bring your own CD for the box musicians, just in case.  There will be some CDs on hand to select from, if the musicians do not know your piece. Set 5 can be as long as needed. The only thing that limits us it the time the hall closes and the number of people willing to dance.

Set 1: English Country Dances – Sponsor: Estril of Moonschadowe
Set 2: Arbeau: Brawls or Provands – Sponsor: ???
Set 3: Italians – Sponsor: ???
Set 4: Advanced Dances – any style – Sponsor: ???
Set 5: Dance at Will – Many Sponsors: Each teacher has a single Dance.

Again, this is a Ball for the Dancers, by the Dancers of the Kingdom.  So without the support of Many Dancers, the Ball cannot happen.

In Service,
 Hanna von Dahl, OL
 Hostess of the Pearl Anniversary Ball

"Burn brightly without burning out." - Richard Briggs