[Anst-dancers] Bella Gioiosa at Candlemas?

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Dec 2 12:39:33 PST 2009

The plans for Candlemas in Bryn Gwlad include several rounds of
dancing in the evening.  We intend to do the dancing between removes
of the feast, as last year.  I want to put Bella Gioiosa in there,
presumably as the last dance of a set (so people can pant and recover
while eating the next course).  Anyone attending and interested in
this?

I don't know how many Shadowlanders are on this list.  The Shadowlands
Italian dance practice has been learning Bella Gioiosa.

(Bella Gioiosa as the Candle Dance, however, would do too well at
recreating the period Bal des Ardents.)

Danett de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com