[Anst-dancers] Interest?

myfanwy at pug.net myfanwy at pug.net
Mon Oct 12 20:02:16 PDT 2009

We here in Bryn Gwlad were talking this past weekend at a demo we were
participating in during one of our breaks.  In the course of the
conversation, we got to being silly and talking about dance
competitions.

I think it could be a lot of fun, but before I put the work into
organizing it, I thought I would put the concept out there and see if
people would participate.

The basic premise is that there would be between 15-20 dances that
would be be proposed beforehand (I'm thinking no later than 12th Night
for a competition at Candlemas).  During the competition, we would
begin the song (or in the case of ECD, most likely begin the chorus)
and whoever showed that they knew which dance would when the bout.

I haven't quite decided if it would be ran more as a team competition
or if it would be more of an individual head-to-head competition.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Interest?

Myfanwy