[Anst-dancers] Fw: [SCA-Dance] Notes from the Future of KWDS meeting

Scot and Michelle Henry cshenry at peoplepc.com
Wed Jun 27 21:06:57 PDT 2012

I, personally, would like some instruction on beginning reconstructing -
perhaps, even some discussion of the Italian phrases one encounters in the
sources - basically, a how-to-reconstruct Italian dances for the non-Italian
speaker.

Along the same lines, memory tricks for remembering various Italian dances
would be useful as both a dancer and a teacher.

If we cannot add an extra day to have professionals come to teach, then I
think doing so on Friday is an excellent option.  I'd prefer to be fresh for
any intensive classes.

I think that most teachers have done a pretty decent job indicating whether
some pre-requisite knowledge was required for their class, so I'm not sure
designating leveled tracks is necessary.  Likewise, self-indicating a level
for myself truly depends on the style of dance and sometimes, even on the
dance itself.

  _____