[Ansteorra-marshals] Test run for the electronic authorizationcard process

Kerry Pratt kpratt at sw.rr.com
Wed Jul 6 12:17:33 PDT 2011

I went through RoadRunner (fail), Yahoo (fail), and finally Gmail, which worked.

As I tried to verify, I had copied a space into my verify and kept getting bounced back to the verify screen with no
indication that my verify was incorrect.  Figured it out after three attempts and deleted the trailing space.  Most
password systems will tell you if you screw up the verify code (good) or delete leading or trailing spaces (best) so
that this problem doesn't happen.  At any rate, the system should tell you if you entered the wrong code rather than
just reload the page so that stubborn people like me don't keep entering the same incorrect code again and again.

After verifying, I was in the system and made a request for authorizations.  Both the Mea button and the Solomon button
worked but the Mea system was much more intuitive.  You may want to put some simple instructions on each page just in
case a VERY computer illiterate person is using the system.  I was able to log in and use the system with Firefox (v5),
IE (v9), and Chrome (v12).  There is a typo in the NonCombat section, first entry, Non-Contac.  I also wasn't sure if I
needed Non-Contact authorization since I believe that AC Marshal covers that.  I would probably arrange the entries more
consistently also.  (Always put Marshal first or always put fighting category first.)  I don't see any categories for
marshalling Youth Chivalric or Youth Rapier.  Do these not require separate authorizations since the armor and weapon
standards are different from adult chivalric combat?

I didn't try to cause the system to fail so I don't know if you have error trapping or not.  I can do that if you would
like...  :)

Cameron