[Ansteorra-marshals] Howdy

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:43:58 PDT 2011

One of the things that I saw on the Gleann Abhann authorization process
that I liked is that it was a whole form and there were check boxes for
each of the items and a place for the marshal to initial and sign. It
took an authorizing marshal do the final sign off but it did not take an
authorizing marshal to go through each of the items with someone that
was working on it. At Gulf War a couple years ago I was working the
Archery and Thrown Weapons range a lot and one of their authorizing
marshals visited with me for a couple of days and then asked if I would
help him get some people authorized. So I helped fill out the forms and
went through certain items on the sheet with them so that they could
then go back to him with the form.

Currently we do not have a form that spells out asking them about
distances, things to inspect on knives, axes, spears, arrows, bolts,
bows, crossbows, range considerations, clearances, actually running the
range, setting up a range, and miscellaneous stuff. We might consider
adopting something along those lines.

Vincenti