[Ansteorra-marshals] Rawhide swords

Derryk Carr wyzdman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 13:43:01 PST 2016

I had not heard of this, but would be interested in see if they worked and
how we would work thrusting tips with them.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Elfsea Marshal <
marshal at elfsea.ansteorra.org> wrote:

> They have been in use by His Majesty Creppin, His Grace Sven, and His
> Grace Sven's squires for a long time. I have seen them used at practices
> and at Gulf War last year. His Grace Sven would be the best resource for
> any information regarding this.
>
> Absolon of Hereford
>
> > On Feb 17, 2016, at 15:06, Craig Carter <slotshot at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > I saw someone comment that this was a new weapon that Sven and HRM was
> experimenting with and I just assumed in tennis ball fireballs!
> >
> > Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
> >
> >  On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Andreas von Meißen<scamiz at gmail.com>
> wrote:   Leather dussacks are a completely different animal (and are truly
> bonkers
> > amounts of fun).
> >
> > -- Andreas
> >> On Feb 17, 2016 2:55 PM, "Chris Zakes" <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> So this is a *covering* made of rawhide going over a rattan sword, not
> an
> >> entire sword made of rawhide? (Because at a KWAR some years back,
> someone
> >> had some leather dusacks he was fooling around with.)
> >>
> >> -Tivar Moondragon
> >>
> >> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Brandon McDermott <
> brandonsmcd at yahoo.com>

> >> let

 “Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.” – Russel Crow, "*Robin
Hood*", 2010
“All men die, not all men really live.”  ~ Braveheart
“A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends
the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His word speaks only truth. His
wrath undoes the wicked!” ~ Dragonheart
"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and help them become
what they are capable of being" - Goethe
“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” - Albert Einstein