[Ansteorra-marshals] Rawhide swords

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Wed Feb 24 16:28:37 PST 2016

Yes, and metal has been approved for hilts. That doesn't mean any metal can be used in any way.

Rawhide and regular leather have different characteristics, and would need to be approved separately.

In any event, the rules also state that "Rattan shall not be treated in any way that will substantially reduce its flexibility."

If somebody has tested rattan shrink-wrapped in rawhide for flexibility, all we need is the results of that test. Or if some Earl Marshal has approved them, all we need is evidence of it.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin