[Ansteorra-marshals] Rawhide swords

Gene Hosey genehosey at icloud.com
Wed Feb 24 16:51:27 PST 2016

how did rubber hose tapped to the rattan not effect the flexibility? how does a plastic pipe not effect flexibility?

this is a "new interpretation" of a very old rule

I have a 24" sword covered in multiple layers of rubber hose to bring it to within a few ounces of the maximum weight allowed for a weapon and it has always passed inspection, or al least it did 8 years ago because every thing it was built with was approved materials

but now we have a new standard with out a new rule, the new rule being

"does the construction effect the rattan's flexibility?"

that is a permit to fail every weapon

leather has always been an approved material regardless of type

Sent from my iPhone