[Ansteorra-marshals] Rawhide swords

William Holder willpower_76705 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 15:55:51 PST 2016

So I just want to leave this here.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CI9Cqk8yOI

    On Thursday, February 25, 2016 5:49 PM, Jean Paul de Sens <jeanpauldesens at gmail.com> wrote:

 Again, you are wrong.  The allowed rigid plastic are explicitly listed in
the rules:

to quote:

B. Single-Handed Weapons Weapons that shall be used in one hand shall have
the following requirements: MARSHAL’S HANDBOOK 1. Single-handed weapons
shall be constructed of one of the following: a. rattan b. rattan-cored
Siloflex or Siloflex-equivalent c. natural polypropylene round rod (maximum
diameter: 1.25 inches (31.8 mm) and shall be not less than 1.25 inch (31.8
mm) in total diameter (including tape) along its

So go read them.

I started this discussion because I wanted us to think critically about
this construction method.  We often have the "THAT SOUNDS COOL!!! LETS TRY
IT!!!" mentality in our kingdom, and it's something I love about us.  But
when I get approached from others in other kingdoms wanting to know the
results of our experimental program for the rawhide swords, I want to have
a nice, solid, rationale for why we never ran one.

For those of you thinking critically about this, and contributing to the
discussion, thank you.

Jean Paul

Qui mieux fait, mieux vault.