[Ansteorra-marshals] Armored Marshal Test

Earl Marshal kingdom at marshal.ansteorra.org
Tue Jul 19 10:13:14 PDT 2016

The numbers change on each iteration : my comments about your comments
below:

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 11:37 AM, Cameron Lewis <cameronlewisok at gmail.com>
wrote:

> When I took the test it didn't let me choose more than one answer on
> question 7

Which question was that asking about?

> Question 13 is true 3/16 bars and when I marked true it said the answer was
> false 3/16 bars

You can have 1/8" bars if they are supported every 2 inches.

> Question 17 states "parts of the neck" so that is false...imo ... when I
> comes in contact with 3 parts it must be padded but not the other
> parts...question is vague
>
> It's a question direct from society rules:

Section VI.D
The neck, including the larynx, cervical vertebrae, and first thoracic
vertebra must be covered by one or a combination of the following and must
stay covered during typical combat situations, including turning the head,
lifting the chin, etc.

> I missed question 19 in that I have never seen a single handed weapon with
> cutting or smashing heads on both ends ...kinda weird but I didn't check
> that one... and the rattan sword without a handguard...i was thinking that
> you would wear a gauntlet but then my dinosaur brain kicked in and there
> was
> a rule about SOME kind of hand guard or tsuba must be on a single handed
> weapon...
>
> Looks like I missed 23 also thinking that 1/8 abs was rigid...I am guessing
> It is considered resilient then and needs foam behind it?

Correct.

> 30 I thought we could have split rattan weapons here? Also the question
> might be changed to cutting/slashing weapons instead of two handed as a
> fiberglass spear is a two handed weapon and E would not apply then

So you are correct about the split rattan, and I've updated it.  Mea
aculpa.  As far as the fiberglass spear.... yes, you are correct, and that
was my intent :)

> 33  missed the Suprasternal notch...i though we had to cover that
> too...oops
> my bad
>

> We used to in Ansteorra, which is why I made sure to include it, to make
sure everyone knows that you don't have to.