[Ansteorra-MiddleEastern] Middle Eastern Organization - Forum and guild

Sandra Jakl sjakl at pegasus-international.com
Thu Aug 5 11:22:04 PDT 2004

Ok, the intent of this list/forum is the discussion of all things Middle
Eastern.

I posted to Ansteorra asking about active dance guilds about a month ago,
and I got two (2) responses. That's it. I know there are more active dancers
out there. We saw them at AAA. So, the formation of this list, is an
opportunity to get to know others in Ansteorra, has been in the back of my
head for a while. Personally, I'd like to better know the other ME dancers
and personae in the Kingdom

In addition to the mailing list, I would like to see us establish a
performing arts guild for Middle Eastern dance. In conversations with
Baroness Claire and HL Philip White, we have come around to an idea of
establishing an "Ansteorran Performing Arts College (APAC)". There doesn't
need to be a head to the college aside from the Kingdom Minister of A&S or
one of the deputies thereof.

APAC would incorporate the Ansteorran Guild of European Dancers (AGED), and
our guild with whatever nifty acronym we come up with. APAC could also cover
any other of the performing arts that felt the need to organize under it.
Bardic, Theater Arts, Music, and Period Gymnastics (I have documentation!),
whatever...

Magdalena's post made me think about something. HL Phillip White is the
current Dance and Music deputy to the Kingdom A&S office. That person/office
is the one that has to report to A&S. If we elected a guild
head/"cat-herder"/whatever, that person would be the one to report. Or the
Dance and Music deputy could just subscribe to the list... I do not want to
tie us down to a monthly reporting schedule, or do anything involving money
or anything of that sort... We could even be an "unchartered" guild, under
APAC...

Kind Regards,

Clara

Ansteorran Middle Eastern Dancers (AMED)?

Guild of Ansteorran Middle Eastern Dancers (GAMED)?

Middle Eastern Dancers of Ansteorra (MEDA)?