[Ansteorra-MiddleEastern] buying ME Dance stuff on Ebay...

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyya zubeydah at northkeep.org
Sun Feb 5 11:18:37 PST 2006

Just wanted to give folks a heads up who buy things on ebay:  Be cautious
when buying from We3 Bellydance.

What they advertise as being high quality silk is some of the lowest quality
material I have ever purchased in 20 years of sewing.   You can literally
read book print through two pieces held together, and it gives a feeling of
'wear once, and toss'.

The piece of jewelry I bought was a Turkmani tikka.  While the photo showed
it to be intact, when it arrived, two seperate parts were held together with
string, and some of the hooks that should have been present to help hold the
piece in the hair were completely missing. It took me two hours with metal
wire and some pliers to make it mostly usable. I'll need to ask one of my
local armorers for some welding help to make it 100%.

The poly item I bought was exactly as described, and I've been pleased with
it.  At this point, I've had a 1 out of 3 success rate with We3.  so... like
ebay tells you:  Let the buyer beware.

- Zubeydah