[Ansteorra-missile] Gulf War News

Mike Catron meggiddo at netzero.net
Wed Dec 4 08:33:41 PST 2002

Greetings,

I have checked the Gulf Wars site, the Combat Archery section - this
portion has not been updated since October 14, 2002.

I do have a question concerning this paragraph of the rules for Combat
Archery:

"There is no limit to how many arrows an archer may carry onto the
field, but they may not leave the field once fighting has started to
obtain more arrows."

This is the first time that I recall seeing this ruling as part of the
Combat Archery rules.

Discussion within the local group of fighters revealed that this ruling
was placed in effect to eliminate any confusion over whether or not a
archer was dead and is just leaving the field vs., an archer who is
walking to the side lines for re-supply.

Or this could also be read in a number of different ways - such as:

Archer may carry unlimited arrows onto the field on their person, i.e.,
only those arrows in a quiver and/or multiple quivers on the archer
only. With NO re-supply available!

Archer may have other fighters carry quivers full of arrows for them, in
addition to the quiver(s) that the archer is carrying. Allowing limited
re-supply on the field, if the fighter(s) is within reach and/or more
importantly still alive.

Archer may carry a quiver and some type of backup supply of arrows, such
as in a 55 gallon trash can or inside a wagon and park it somewhere on
the field.

These are the ones that I can think of at the moment.

Second question - and this arose from Gothic Wars this year. If an
archer is "killed", is it allowable for that archer to pass their quiver
of arrows to another archer before leaving the field. I have always been
understanding that if someone is "killed" then all of their arrows are
dead as well. This has been the case in some war events that I have
attended before. Never saw it defined or spelled out here other than
Gothic Wars this year.

Michael of the Fray
Unit Combat Archer for the Condottieri