[Ansteorra-missile] We've got Maille

Greylond Aston greylondaston at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 16:25:46 PDT 2003

Not sure if this was posted to this list and I'm sure
that quite a few of you have already seen it(or helped
out in the research/writing/proofreading of it) , but
every fan of Combat Archery, whether a Combat Archer
or not, needs to read this. It was inspired by the
latest "discussion" on the SCA Missle list of period
proof of the effects(or lack thereof) of arrows
againist armor.

I found it a very good read and I hope that it will
help lessen the SCA-wide(at least among a "certain"
faction) misconception that Archers weren't that
effective in period. It is also a very good example of
documenting or disproving something from period.

Anyway, here is the link;

http://users.ev1.net/~theweb/Contents.htm

Greylond