[Ansteorra-missile] Re: Ansteorra-missile Digest, Vol 26, Issue 11

Robin Allen robinbjornsborg at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 17:11:58 PDT 2005

Okay I guess I'm in the dark here. Please enlighten me. Can someone younger than 18 actaully be authorized as a combat archer by Patrick Michael? I was under the impression that one had to be at least 18. Now once they are over 18 they can be authorized by any authorizing archery marshal. Is that correct?

   Also my 2 cents worth on authorizing: There are two things being discussed here. One deals with training the archer to be effective on the field and the other deals with the archer being safe (yes I know there's a bit of overlap in those two categories). I would think that the authroizing marshal should be concerned only with that second category. Once an archer shows or demonstrates to the marshal's satisfaction that he/she is not a safety issue then authorization should follow as a matter of course. Being effective on the field is the archer's concern and not necessarily the area of responsibility for the marshal.

Robin

The smallest minority on Earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.  Ayn Rand